Holiday Happening All Season Long plus FREE PARKING Every Sunday!

Red Bank Catholic Cultural Center

Business Directory

RBC’s Cultural Center inhabits a building that was the Shrewsbury Township Hall when Red Bank was the government seat for Shrewsbury. The Romanesque Revival structure was designed by Robert D. […]

RBC's Cultural Center inhabits a building that was the Shrewsbury Township Hall when Red Bank was the government seat for Shrewsbury. The Romanesque Revival structure was designed by Robert D. Chandler, a local architect, and built in 1892. When Red Bank was incorporated as a borough in 1908, the building was used as the Borough Hall, and later as the Police Station. It fell into disuse after the Borough Hall moved to 32 Monmouth St. in 1958. The monument outside it is called Handing Down Old Glory. Made of Vermont granite by sculptor Frank J. Manson, it was dedicated on May 30, 1926. The sculpture was a gift from the Red Bank fire departments in memory of fallen soldiers. The figures are portraits of Henry M. Nevins (center) in a Civil War uniform; an unidentified soldier in the uniform of the Spanish-American War (on Nevins' right); and Major Peter P. Rafferty in Spanish-American War uniform (reaching toward flag).

Stay Connected

Learn about upcoming events and programs by signing up for our newsletter.