ABOUT THE PROGRAM
RiverCenter is dedicated to fostering and supporting local public art and would like to make it easy for a downtown business to partake. If you have been thinking of having a mural painted or have always wanted one but didn't know where to start, we are here to help! RiverCenter will work with applicants to connect them with artists, assist with the required paperwork and permitting and reimburse a quarter of the costs up to $5,000 per project.
Who is Eligible?
This program is open to all property/business owners located within the RiverCenter Business Improvement District. Applications will be considered and funded on a first come, first serve basis (as funding allows).
How to Get Started
1. Read through the 2022 Red Bank RiverCenter Mural Application
2. Select a mural artist from the list provided or of your own choosing
3. Have a mockup of the proposed mural created and include cost estimates from the artist
4. Fill out and submit the application with mockup, cost proposal and photo of desired location
What Happens Next?
1. Applications will go through the RiverCenter's Visual Improvement Committee for approval
2. If approved, RiverCenter will work with applicants to get all of the appropriate paperwork submitted to the borough and will attend any necessary meetings on their behalf
3. Once the proposal is approved by the borough - it's GO time!
Does the owner have a say in the mural design?
Absolutely! We will provide various artists and samples of their work. Business owners are welcome to request the theming and design.
Does RiverCenter need to approve the design?
Yes. RiverCenter's Visual Improvement Committee must review and approve design before implementation.
Can a business use an artist not on our list?
Of course! Designs and applications from outside artists will go through the same approval process.
How long does the mural need to remain?
Business owners must commit to retaining the mural for at least 5 years.
How will payment and reimbursement work?
Business owners will pay 75% of the mural costs and RiverCenter will reimburse 25% up to $5,000. Business owners will contract and arrange payment directly with the artist. Upon project completion and proof of payment to the artist, RiverCenter will provide the reimbursement for the quoted and previously approved costs.
We are extremely excited to launch this program and look forward to the spread of more art around Red Bank. We encourage you to read through the mural application and reach out to us with any questions about the program or how to get started.
We can't wait to see what you create!